Abdul Basir Azimi
- Full Name : Abdul Basir Azimi
- Contact No : +93797823090 /
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position : Research Fellow
- Section : Research Fellows
Mr. Abdul Basir Azimi is Researcher Fellow at Afghan Institute for Strategic Studies (AISS). He currently is the Advisor to the H.E. Chief Executive of Afghanistan on Commerce and International Cooperation besides Manager for Coordination Unites of the Executive Committees of the Ministers Council of Afghanistan. In addition He is a Project Management Professional (PMP) Instructor of American University of Afghanistan. Previously, He worked as the Deputy Minister for Finance and Administration of the Ministry Energy and Water of Afghanistan. He has 12 years’ distinguished experiences with the Afghanistan Government and International Organization in the fields of Project, Program and Portfolio Management and Research. He has an MBA from American University of Afghanistan besides a Bachelor Degree of Civil Engineering. He also is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP) and Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI). He has published many essays about the Afghanistan Government Administration. He speaks Dari and English.
Administration, Good Governance, Commerce, International and Regional Cooperation, Hydro-Politics, Energy, Project, Program and Portfolio Management, and Organizational Reform and Capacity Development.
- Advisor to the H.E. Chief Executive of Afghanistan on Commerce and International Cooperation (July 2018-Present)
- Head for Coordination Unites of the Executive Committees of the Ministers Council of Afghanistan (July 2018-Present).
- Deputy Minister for Finance and Administration of the Ministry Energy and Water of Afghanistan (June 2016- June 2018).
- Acting Deputy Minister for Admin & Finance, Sr. Advisor to the Minister, Spokesman and Portfolio Director ( May 2015 to June 2016)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Instructor of American University of Afghanistan (February 2015- Present)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor in Justice Support Services Program May 2014 to Dec 2014
- National Coordinator with SNC-Lavalin Canada/ HydroSULT Canada/Ministry Energy and Water July 2010-May 2014
- Project Manager/Economics Specialist with UNOPS/Ministry of Public Works Feb 2012 to Dec 2012
- Deputy Project Manager with OMEGA/Ministry of Public Works June 2011 to Feb 2012
- Vice President of ASEC 2010-2011
- Instructor of Engineering Faculty of Herat University 2008-2010
- President of Academy of Engineering Sciences 2008-2010