- Vacancy Number : AISS-FD-001-17
- Functional Area : Finance/Administrative
- Organization : Afghan Institute for Strategic Studies (AISS)
- Job Location : Kabul-Afghanistan
- Contract Type : Permanent
- Contract Duration : One Year (extendable)
- Salary : As per company salary scale
- Education : University degree in Economics, Business Administration or other related fields.
- Experiences : 4-6 Years
- Announcing Date : 08 February 2017
- Closing Date : 2017-02-22
The Finance and Administration Officer is expected to drive best practices in financial management, human resources management and administrative management within the organization to maximize efficiency and growth. She/he will manage a team of 3 people and oversee financial management, investors’ relations, administration, human resources and compliance activities.
- Provide complete report (monthly, one period “6th month” and yearly) activities of AISS.
- Establish control for the prevention of waste, fraud, and mismanagement.
- Processing all financial transaction and operation in Financial Accounting System including staff and vender payment voucher, receipt vouchers, journal vouchers.
- Maintain up-to-date bookkeeping of daily expenses.
- Perform monthly bank and cash reconciliations and prepare monthly expense reports.
- Ensure data is entered and transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Ensure on time payment of all approved expenses and invoices.
- Prepare monthly fund requests, ensuring they are accurate, and complete.
- Manage and track petty cash account.
- Maintain close coordination with all senior staff on financial matters and advise them, as appropriate, on matters requiring their attention. Support staff with budget management.
- Ensure proper management of files, including all financial reports, fund requests and other finance documentation.
- Maintain clear records of monthly cashbook and bankbook balance.
- Ensure that all accounting is done as per the rules and have them ready for audit purposes
- Assist in preparation of reports as required by the Ministry of the Economy.
Qualification And Requirements
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration or other related fields.
- Four to Six years’ experience in the field of office administration with knowledge of (Quick Books) accounting software.
- This position requires self-initiative and the ability to work under pressure while being extremely detail-oriented.
- Good at oral and written English and local languages.
- Proven experience as a team player.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Proficient in computer applications (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Proven experience in logistic procedures.
- High level of precision and used to manage complex processes with excellent results.
- Ability and willingness to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Resilient to high workload and ability to work independently and under time pressure.
Each application must contain (1) an updated CV, (2) a covering letter which should include why you think you are suitable for this position. Kindly ensure that you meet all requirements before applying.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 22 February 2017