GUIDELINES FOR WRITERS-OPINION SECTION
AISS Commentary and Research Articles
To discuss a proposal or submission of an opinion article, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We accept submissions on a rolling basis.
All submissions are thoroughly and anonymously reviewed. In most cases, authors will be notified of the Board's initial decision within one to two weeks of submission.
- Articles should be between 800 and 1200 words.
- Articles should be the author's original work, and brief, relevant, well-written and fully referenced.
- Simultaneous submission to other publications must be indicated.
- Any graphics or figures should be attached separately and not embedded in the text.
- Text should be double-spaced and set in 12pt Times New Roman. Authors are asked to submit their work as a Microsoft Word file. The manuscript should be anonymised (please do not include the names of the authors in the text).
- Style referencing is Harvard.
Contributors are requested to read and stick to AISS’s style guide for external writers and the referencing style to avoid delay or rejection.
Authors alone are responsible for the content of their papers.
It is our policy to give to our contributors the right of freedom. However, AISS reserves the right to edit contributions for space and clarity.
AISS welcomes the submission of unpublished articles with topics related to Afghanistan within broader geopolitical, historical and intellectual contexts.